Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare?

1. Yahoo: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare

Wikipedia is always one of the top results for pretty much anything you type into google, yahoo, or practically any search engine. I learned the basics of Shakespeare: his life story, birth and death, and basically his background. Something I did find interesting was that he had influenced Charles Dickens throughout the course of his writing, I would have never guessed that Charles Dickens even needed to be influenced. 

2. Yahoo: www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/merchant/shakespeare.html

- At this website I found that they mention that someone else could have written Shakespeare's works such as Sir Francis Bacon, Christopher Marlowe, and Edward de Vere. This made me laugh due to the fact there was a movie about this same accusation, it's completely ridiculous to think this in my opinion. Overall this website had good information about leading up to Shakespeare's life.

3. Yahoo: news.bbc.co.uk/.../shakespeare/newsid_3539000/3539058.stm

- After getting past all of the theories on who Shakespeare supposedly was I stumbled across this one about Shakespeare's life as a theatre performer and how that affected his works as a play write. I learned how Shakespeare used many foul words, I was also enlightened to find their meaning. Highly recommend visiting this website to find some great Shakespearean puns that I have never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment